Updated from January 2021
Sopa Lodges has been monitoring travel patterns and continues to closely engage with our Trade Partners in order to make informed decisions to ensure we are sensitive to the concerns and safety of our clients and employees alike.
The situation continues to remain very fluid, and while we are conscious that the dynamics are beginning to change with a vaccine, tourist arrivals to our destination remain unpredictable and indeterminate.
In recognition of the challenges and emerging travel patterns, this updated COVID-19 policy ensures greater flexibility, postponement and ease of travel in order to support our Trade Partners and their clients.
Existing & New Bookings For Travel
FROM 01 JANUARY - 31 MAY 2021 AT LAKE NAIVASHA SOPA RESORT
A 10% refundable deposit will be required to be paid 15 days from confirmation. The balance of payment is due 7 days prior to arrival date or the booking will be released. This excludes the Christmas/New Year period from 24 December 2020 to 02 January 2021, where balance payment will be required 30 days prior to arrival.
For cancellations made more than 15 days prior to arrival, a full refund of any payment made, net of bank charges, will be issued. Cancellations made within 15 days of arrival will incur the following cancellation fees *:
- 0-4 days 100%
- 5-15 days 10%
Cancellations for the Christmas/New Year period made within 30 days of arrival will be charged as follows:
- 0-14 days 100%
- 15-30 days 50%
FROM 01 JUNE 2021 AT ALL SOPA LODGES
|The following Terms & Conditions will apply:|
|Peak Season||A 35% deposit is payable on confirmation of booking and the balance is due 45 days prior to arrival.|
|High / Mid Season||A 25% deposit is payable on confirmation of booking and the balance is due 15 days prior to arrival.|
|Low / Green Season||Full payment is due 7 days prior to arrival.|
|Our cancellation policy is as follows:|
|Peak Season||0-14 days||5-44 days||45-60 days|
|High / Mid Season||0-7 days||8-15 days||16-30 days|
|Low / Green Season||0-4 days||5-10 days||11-15 days|
* The cancellation policies mentioned above will not apply if;
- A client is unable to leave their country or enter Kenya/Tanzania due to COVID-19 travel restrictions / official travel advisories being in place. In this case, bookings can be;
- Postponed at no extra charge for travel up within one year of original travel date.
- Refunded in full, net of bank charges.
- A client is unable to travel or enter Kenya/Tanzania due to testing positive for COVID-19 within 96 hours prior to arrival. Bookings can be postponed at no extra charge for travel up to and including 31 May 2022 (proof of positive certificate together with the payment receipt required).
Any rate increase due to a change in season or third party costs, for example Park Fees, will be to the client’s account.
Our COVID-19 Policy updated December 2020 will remain in place until further notice. Sopa Lodges reserves the right to revise this policy or reinstate our standard contract Terms & Conditions.
Should you require any assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.