Applications are now being accepted for the following vacancy:
Position title: Group Lodge Controller (GLC)
Reporting to: Chief Operating Officer | Hospitality & Director of Finance | Hospitality
Supervises: Lodge Controllers at each Lodge, Camp & Hotel
Duty station: Nairobi Head Office, with frequent travel to Lodges, Camps & Hotels
As part of the senior management team for lodge Operations, the GLC is a multi-disciplinary, multi-functional professional, responsible for the training, development and proper performance of lodge control and finance functions.
This person possesses commercial acumen & reasoning flair, effectively assessing operational performance, as well as oversight over optimum utilization of available resources.
This is a hands-on operational finance position of strategic importance, with multiple reporting obligations, requiring flexibility of movement and an ability to handle multiple locations simultaneously; all whilst timely managing internal control compliance across the group.
The GLC leads the group’s lodge SOP Continuous Improvement Program, synergizing and improving our systems, processes, data analytics and reporting.
The GLC assumes overall accountability for lodge financial operations, whilst maintaining a supervisory (controller) role over lodge-based financial management, accounting, internal control and transaction processing.
The GLC is responsible for maintaining the accuracy, consistency and completeness of all operational financial information, associated budget performance and KPIs reporting, including effective analysis of lodge reporting to identify and address optimisation opportunities.
At its core, the GLC position requires an internal control compliance professional who will work closely with the Lodge Managers, Lodge Controllers, head office Operations, Finance, Revenue Assurance and Group Shared Services functions to provide operational reporting and data analytics, assurance and SOP compliance.
The GLC is accountable for design, development and compliance with all lodge-based operational controls, local and national laws and regulations, SOPs and commercial contracts, achieved by carrying out periodic audits, spot checks and control assessment of the revenue, cost, human resource, property and equipment, procurement, logistics, custody, working capital and treasury control cycles at lodges.
The GLC will conduct periodic operational audits detailing relevant observations noted, associated risk impact, recommendations and corrective action plans with (action closure) timelines; whilst maintaining an updated register of unresolved operational control risk(s) and events of non-compliance.
- In depth knowledge of financial internal controls, accounting principles and procedures
- Proven experience in managing & controlling finance, budgeting & accounting functions
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
- Highly analytical with the ability to swiftly organize, interpret & report on large data volumes
- Highly effective communicator, with an aptitude for training, leadership & team-building
- Possess commercial acumen & flair, with a positive ‘can do’ attitude, enthusiasm & initiative
- Professional, confidential, impartial & trustworthy and with a highly ethical demeanor
- Independent, objective and non-partisan with a reasonable degree of professional skepticism
- Proactive critical thinker with effective planning, scheduling and supervision skills
- Highly disciplined and well organized, with a systematic structured work approach
- Highly effective written & verbal reporting (communication) skills
- Qualified Certified / Chartered Accountant (ACCA, CA or CPA) or holder of a similar bachelor's degree in a relevant Finance and Accounting discipline
- 3 to 5+ years work experience in accounting, audit & internal controls in a reputed hospitality and/or audit environment
- Works cross-functionally across a multi-faceted group
- Experience in Oracle Netsuite or similar ERP, related POS and ResRequest would be advantageous
Further detail and GLC Position Description at Group Lodge Controller.
We offer attractive remuneration, benefits and career progression appropriate to your skills, qualifications and experience.
Confidentiality assured. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.